"Edson’s vivid portrayal of the urban area, as well as the working class and underclass, creates a vision of Saint John that highlights the discrepancy between the pre-modern idyllic notion of life in Atlantic Canada and the more complicated reality of the region."


-The New Brunswick Literary Encyclopedia

Saturday, September 6, 2014

First draft of DOGS IN HEAT complete!


I'm very pleased to announce that I've just completed the first draft of my wild ride novel Dogs in Heat. Now the rewriting begins. The way I roll, it'll be another two years before it's ready to go. But man, I've got a good feeling about it. As it stands, it reads very quickly. But for me, that's what a first draft is; a skeleton. I'll let it sit, let it percolate, then will start to put some meat on the bones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jerrod. I do love dogs. My wife has threatened to send me to obedience school many times. Maybe I'll get some pointers.