"Edson’s vivid portrayal of the urban area, as well as the working class and underclass, creates a vision of Saint John that highlights the discrepancy between the pre-modern idyllic notion of life in Atlantic Canada and the more complicated reality of the region."


-The New Brunswick Literary Encyclopedia

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

the winter ahead...

I've been off Facebook, Twitter, and this blog lately because I'm not a writer who feels the need to tell everyone what I'm up to, especially in between books--which for me lasts a couple years at a time. Nonetheless, here's an update...After winning the Richards Prize for The Moon is Real, I'm planning on reworking the entire manuscript. I've been very fortunate to acquire the services of none other than Bethany Gibson, one of the finest editors out there. Beginning in January, she is going to work with me to get this novel to where it should be and I'm thrilled. Until then, I'm stepping away from it and continuing to work on finishing a first draft of Dogs in Heat--a weird, twisted tale I've mentioned on this blog a time or two. So that's it for now. It should be a busy winter writing and, more importantly, learning how to be better.  

No comments: