"Edson’s vivid portrayal of the urban area, as well as the working class and underclass, creates a vision of Saint John that highlights the discrepancy between the pre-modern idyllic notion of life in Atlantic Canada and the more complicated reality of the region."


-The New Brunswick Literary Encyclopedia

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A quote for writers

"A good story can educate as it entertains, certainly, but that is not the reason that I write. I write because I find it personally fulfilling. I write for me. Don’t get me wrong, I find it very rewarding that readers seem to enjoy my work and find some meaning in it for themselves, but I would be doing this even if no one bought one of my books ever again."

-David Adams Richards

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.